Marrakesh Vegetable Curry
If you love vegetables, then this is the perfect curry for you. The orange juice and raisins add a delicious sweetness to this dish. As it turns out, this is also vegan!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tablespoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed a plus!)
- 10 ounces spinach
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot, place sweet potato, eggplant, peppers, carrots, onion, and three tablespoons oil. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan place 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour garlic and spice mixture into the Dutch oven or stock pot with vegetables in it. Add the garbanzo beans, almonds, zucchini, raisins, and orange juice. Simmer 20 minutes, covered.
- Add spinach to pot and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve!